Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying
District Policy 5512-
Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (HIB)
The Board of Education prohibits acts of harassment, intimidation, or bullying of a student. A safe and civil environment in school is necessary for students to learn and achieve high academic standards. Harassment, intimidation, or bullying, like other disruptive or violent behaviors, is conduct that disrupts both a student’s ability to learn and a school’s ability to educate its students in a safe and disciplined environment. Since students learn by example, school administrators, faculty, staff and volunteers should be commended for demonstrating appropriate behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
The Board expects that students will act in accordance with the student behavioral expectations and standards regarding harassment, intimidation, and bullying, including:
- Student responsibilities (e.g., requirements for students to conform to reasonable standards of socially accepted behavior; respect the person, property and rights of others; obey constituted authority; and respond to those who hold that authority);
- Appropriate recognition for positive reinforcement for good conduct, self-discipline, and good citizenship;
- Student rights; and
- Sanctions and due process for violations of the Code of Student Conduct.
Anti Bullying Coordinator – Skye Patete
Anti Bullying Specialist – Leanne Paolazzi
- 2021-2022 District and School Grade Report
- 2020-2021 District and School Grade Report
- 2019-2020 District and School Grade Report
- For HIB information, please see Regulation 5512.
- NJDOE document – Guidance for Parents on the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights
- NJDOE’s State School Climate Coordinator (email@example.com)
- Suicide Prevention Resource: https://www.performcarenj.org/
- HIB 338 Form- Local Educational Agency (LEA) Personnel
- HIB 338 Form- Families
Start Anonymous Incident Report